251 The Arborway, Jamaica Plain; (617) 524-1717 One of the area’s truly great places to get away to during spring, summer, and, of course, fall. In fact, the Arboretum is open every day of the year, from sunrise to sunset, free of charge. Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Charles Greg Sargent, this is more than just a park; it’s a living laboratory run by the botanical department of Harvard University. It has over 14,000 trees and shrubs from around the world, all grouped by family and labeled. The fields in between are perfect for picnicking or playing frisbee, and there are long, winding paths for strolling and even careful bicycling. The visitor center includes a gift shop and a video show about the place. To get there without a car, take the Orange Line to Forest Hills, or the Arborway bus.
Arnold Arboretum US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide