580 Mt. Auburn St. Cambridge; (617) 547-7105
If you’re not uneasy about walking among tombstones, Mt Auburn Cemetery also happens to be an idyllic place to stroll on a sunny day.
Fully landscaped with lakes, hills, and huge old trees, there are so many pathways that they actually have street signs. Being a private cemetery, of course, not a public park, they do request dignified behavior from visitors; no lying on the grass, picnics, or ball playing. Instead, sign up for a walking tour of famous monuments, or an early morning bird-watching walk; the main house has brochures about Mt. Auburn’s programs, for which a donation of $7 is requested ($2 for members). The grounds are open every day of the year, free of charge, from 8 A.M. until 5 P.M. and until 7 P.M. in summer.
Mt. Auburn Cemetery US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Travel to Santorini, Greece
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah