BINNS TRACK SOUTH
Am I cheating by simply putting down a whole track down here in order to cover a vast amount of awesome places to experience? Regardless, Binns Track sure beats the Stuart!
Binns Track opened in 2008 and was strung together by Bill Binn, an NT park ranger for 32 years. In total the Binns Track is a five-day-plus drive over 2200km from Mt Dare in the south to Timber Creek in the north, through little known and spectacular scenery away from the monotonous Stuart Highway.
Between Mount Dare and Tennant Creek, the Binns Track will take you to sights you won’t forget in a hurry
– Old Andado Station gives an insight into the hard-scrabble lives of yesteryear.
– Trephina Gorge offers bush campgrounds set in quartz-walled gorges filled with waterholes (for those who don’t mind a bit of frostbite).
– Explore the ruins of Arltunga, central Australia’s first official town.
– Ruby Gap gives you a chance to engage 4WD with some tricky terrain.
The highlight for most 4WDers is twisting and turning your way through to Gem Tree, and heading to lytwelepenty National Park (aka Davenport). The standout being the Frew River Track to Policeman’s Waterhole, a surprisingly-large body of water in an unsuspecting location.
Map of Binns Track NT Australia Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- REDARC’S NEXT GENERATION BATTERY CHARGER
- ALL THE LATEST & GREATEST GADGETS GEAR AND HEADLINES THE SCIENCE OF PUNCTURE RESISTA
- Best Destinations in Australia
- Moreton Island Map and Travel Guide
- Barry Humphries Australia