Oslo is the capital of Norway and was founded in 1050 by Harald, a Viking King Harderade. The city has experienced several influences mainly from the Hanseatic Guild which was followed by an union with Denmark, and later an alliance with Sweden and became independent in 1905.
In the early days the dty was named Christiania which remained unchanged until 1924, when the dty again became Oslo. It has a population of nearly 500,000. In the last century it became a dominating factor in Norway’s economic life. Oslo is surrounded by water, forests and hills. Its mild climate offers visitors many opportunities for outdoor activities. You can enjoy a fjord trip through the harbor, past islands and beaches.
Map of Norway Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tokyo Map – Tokyo City Guide
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide