Oslo is the capital of Norway and was founded in 1050 by Harald, a Viking King Harderade. The city has experienced several influences mainly from the Hanseatic Guild which was followed by an union with Denmark, and later an alliance with Sweden and became independent in 1905.
In the early days the dty was named Christiania which remained unchanged until 1924, when the dty again became Oslo. It has a population of nearly 500,000. In the last century it became a dominating factor in Norway’s economic life. Oslo is surrounded by water, forests and hills. Its mild climate offers visitors many opportunities for outdoor activities. You can enjoy a fjord trip through the harbor, past islands and beaches.
Map of Norway Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Most Comprehensive Travel Guide to St. Croix With Maps, Things To Do and Restaurants
- The Frederick Map Travel Guide for Tourist: Another Great Destination
- Gdynia Travel Guide for Tourist – Map of Gdynia
- Freetown Travel Guide for Tourist: Maps of Freetown
- Add MediaFoz Do Iguaçu: The Best Travel Guide For Tourists And Sightseers