Fresh air, snow-capped Bavarian mountains and wildfower meadows… the new rooms, set in the fairytale Schloss Elmau castle hotel, have all the ingredients to put some colour back in your cheeks. In the winter months there is no better place to steam and gossip than at the spectacular Badhaus (bathhouse), which features the largest hammam west of Istanbul.
THE MOUNTAIN SPA ESCAPE SCHLOSS ELMAU RETREAT, GERMANY Photo Gallery
In summer, wander across felds to the Nature Spa, which has saunas on the banks of a creek and is the perfect place for thigh-frming dips. Te hotel also puts on about 30 week-long yoga retreats a year with Jivamukti’s star teachers. Buddhist monks take morning meditation and the spa is overseen by Dr Koenig, who’s got a cure for every pre-wedding woe, from posture-correcting physio foating massages done in a warm pool to the world’s most thorough medi-pedis. At the day’s end, you can all cosy up in one of the libraries with mulled wine. OA suite costs from £320 per person, per night, half board; schloss-elmau.de.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE BEACH BODY BLITZ 38 DEGREES NORTH, IBIZA
- THE KANDY HOUSE KANDY, SRI LANKA BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HISTORIC TEA TANGALLE, SRI LANKA PLANTATIONS, IMPRESSIVE SAFARIS
- A HOLIDAY TO CLUB LA SANTA IN LANZAROTE
- IL SERENO LAKE COMO, ITALY SET ON THE LAKE’S SOUTH-EASTERN SHORE
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE