161 Brighton Ave. Allston; (617) 782-9082
Relatively new to the Allston rock scene, the Kells weighs in with six nights of rock, Irish, and acoustic music. There is a $3 to $4 cover on Fridays and Saturdays, and no cover the rest of the week. On Wednesday nights, the Kells features alternative music unplugged (before MTV came along, they called it acoustic). Cheap eats here, too.
Kinvara Pub US
34 Harvard Ave. Allston; (617) 783-9400
One of the many clubs lining the intersection of Harvard and Brighton Avenues, Kinvara serves Irish beers, cheap food (including a traditional Irish breakfast on Sundays) and live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Most bands play Irish traditional and rock, but straight-up rock is mixed in too. Cover is usually around $3 to $4.
Also in the neighborhood, check out Local 186 at 186 Harvard Ave. (617) 351-2660 and Harper’s Ferry at 158 Brighton Ave. (617) 254-9743. Both showcase up-and-comers on the Boston rock scene; covers range from $5 to $8.
The Kells US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES