The Society of Arts and Crafts US Map & Phone & Address
175 Newbury St. Boston; (617) 266-1810
101 Arch St./34 Summer St, Boston; (617) 345-0033
In existence since 1897, this is still an active society, with its own board of trustees/artists, and membership open to all. Two different locations, in the Back Bay and Downtown Crossing, have exhibition galleries and retail displays, in which you can purchase reasonably priced crafts and small works of art.
But of course, it costs nothing to look, and to marvel at the creativity that abounds in today’s local art scene. It always seems to be the most lively stuff. Exhibits, which may run the gamut from glass to quilts, usually run for seven weeks or so; the artists give free talks, too. Pick up a calendar of events when you stop in. Gallery hours at Newbury Street are daily from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M. and Sundays from 12-5; at Arch Street, weekdays only, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Society of Arts and Crafts US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES