Tourism in Lebanon: where to stay, eat, and shop
Traveling to Lebanon can be a daunting task with so many things to do, see and experience. This article is here to help you out! Whether you’re coming for a short trip or taking your entire family on an entire vacation, this guide will give you the insider tips that you need.
Lebanon is a beautiful country that is well worth exploring. The tourism industry in Lebanon is growing rapidly, and there are many places to stay, eat, and shop. Here are some of the best spots:
1. Beirut: This city is bustling with energy and always has something happening. There are many hotels and hostels to choose from, as well as plenty of restaurants and bars. One must also visit the famous Bibliotheque Nationale for its extensive collection of books.
2. Byblos: Once a center of trade for the ancient world, Byblos still retains much of its old-world charm. The town is home to a number of impressive churches and monasteries, as well as some lovely beaches. There are several hotels in Byblos as well as plenty of restaurants and cafes.
3. Mount Lebanon: This range offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Syrian mountains beyond. There are many hiking trails available, as well as numerous hotels and resorts for visitors to choose from. Some excellent places to eat in Mount Lebanon include The Rimon restaurant at Chalet d’Inexpensive and Cafe Dallas at Dalmanya Resort Hotel.
Tourism in Lebanon: where to stay, eat, and shop Photo Gallery
Things to do in Lebanon
Lebanon is a beautiful country with plenty to do for tourists. Whether you’re looking for ancient ruins, stunning nature scenes, or delicious food, there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Lebanon. The following are some of the best places to stay, eat, and shop in Lebanon:
– Stay in Beirut: Beirut is a bustling metropolis with plenty of things to explore, including world-renowned museums and upscale shopping districts. There are also a number of great hotels and hostels in the city.
– Go trekking: Lebanon’s varied landscape makes it a great place to explore by foot. The Mount Lebanon range is home to several impressive hiking trails, while the Bekaa Valley has several popular spots for downhill skiing and snowboarding.
– Sample Lebanese cuisine: Lebanese cuisine is famous for its spices, flavors, and diversity. Whether you’re in the mood for traditional mezze dishes or something more adventurous (like bourekakia), there’s something for everyone on the menu in Lebanon.
– Shop at local markets: Lebanon has some of the most vibrant and colorful markets in the world, full of everything you need to get you through the day. Visit a local market in Beirut, Zouk Mikael, or Deir al Qamar to stock up on essential household items like spices and ingredients.
– Traveling with kids? Lebanon is the perfect destination for traveling with children. Explore historical sites, adventure into the mountains, and appreciate the beauty of the country’s diverse landscape all while enjoying your time away with loved ones!
Things to eat in Lebanon
If you’re visiting Lebanon, there’s no need to worry about where to find a good meal. The country is home to an abundance of delicious food options, from traditional Arab dishes to international favorites. No matter what your appetite may be, you’re sure to find something to satisfy it in Lebanon. Here are five of our favorite places to eat in Lebanon:
1. Abu Lahb Restaurant: This quaint eatery serves up some of the most delicious Lebanese food around. You’ll love the specialties like shawarma and falafel, as well as the reasonably priced menu.
2. La Casa Nostra: This Italian restaurant is perfect for those who love garlic and basil. The pasta dishes are particularly popular here, but don’t forget to try the pizza too!
3. Mama’s Kitchen: Mama’s Kitchen is known for its chicken Shawarma plates and sandwiches. If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, try one of their hearty entrees like a gyro plate or kibbeh nayyeh (a type of beef tartare).
4. Rami’s Café: Rami’s Café is a relaxed setting that’s perfect for coffee break or lunchtime . They have an impressive variety of smoothies and salads as well as a lunch special that includes a schwarma plate.
Places to stay in Lebanon
The best places to stay when visiting Lebanon vary depending on your budget and preferences. From luxurious five-star resorts to cozy Bedouin tents, there is something for everyone.
Some of the most popular places to stay in Lebanon include the Ritz Carlton Beirut, The Holiday Inn Express Beirut Bldg., and the Travelodge Beirut Airport. Each offers its own unique set of amenities and perks that can make your stay more comfortable and convenient.
If you prefer a lower-cost option, you can find plenty of guesthouses and apartments for rent in different parts of Lebanon. Some great choices include the Garden Guest House in Byblos, Dreamland Hostel in Tripoli, and Casa Blanca Apartments in Saida.
Apart from hotels and guesthouses, Lebanon is also home to some of the best restaurants in the region. Whether you’re looking for a traditional Lebanese dish or something a little more modern, you’ll find it here. Some of our favorites include Mohawk Restaurant in Beirut, Kebab House in Tripoli, and L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Saida.
If you’re planning a trip to Lebanon, it’s important to know that there are many different places to stay, eat, and shop. Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or want to explore the city center, there is a spot for you on our list of recommended destinations in Lebanon. We hope you find this article helpful as you plan your next adventure!