The residence of the Ottoman sultans for more than four hundred years, the complex of structures that is Topkapi Palace, is an invariable item on the agenda of anyone visiting. The section of this endlessly fascinating museum that leaves visitors perhaps the most amazed, is its treasury, the repository of the riches of the Ottoman sultans. More than just an outstanding display of wealth, however, the treasury of the Topkapi Palace houses one of the world’s most unique collections of works for precious metals and stones, for it contains objects made to order by or for the Ottoman sultans consisting of a rare assortment of articles intended for sacramental purposes, gifts and daily use.
THE TREASURY OF TOPKAPI PALACE ISTANBUL Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES