The earliest caves are from the Wei period of AD 380 Wuxi Metro Map -550, showing an Indian influence from the cradle of Buddhism, with exaggeratedly large men’s Wuxi Metro Map heads, more detailed than the body, and a propensity for mythical animals.
In general their paintings illustrate religious themes, texts and legends. The Sui dynasty which followed was characterised by a Chinese influence, softer lines and more human expressions. Their colours and design are rich and ornate, which is carried to its full extent in the Tang dynasty of AD 600.
The Tang produced the most magnificent art, using perspective and technical skill; elaborate yet sensual and with Buddha faces radiating godliness and humility. Some Tang artists specialised in a type of landscape painting known as Shan-shui (Mountain and Water) which illustrates the relationship between man and his environment.
Wuxi Metro Map Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mandapa A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- Reviews: Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang – Map of Cambodia – Where to Stay in Cambodia
- The Datai, Langkawi MALAYSIA
- Honeymoon at Domaine des Etangs FRANCE