BIG BASIN REDWOODS STATE PARK MAP CALIFORNIA
16,000 acres. Situated in the Santa Cruz Mountains, south of San Francisco, this state park is noted for 1,500-year-old virgin redwoods, some of which stand over 300 feet tall. There are also streams, mixed conifers, and areas of chaparral and manzanita. Wildlife includes black-tailed deer, mountain lion, and coyote.
Activities: Hiking and backpacking are possible on about 100 miles of trails, including a section of the Skyline to the Sea Trail.
Camping Regulations: There are six trail camps for backpackers, and camping is limited to these designated sites. Reservations must be made at park headquarters.
For Further Information: Big Basin Redwoods State Park, 21600 Big Basin Way, Boulder Creek, CA 95006; (408)338-6132.
BIG BASIN REDWOODS STATE PARK MAP CALIFORNIA Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Map of New York City – New York City Guide And Statistics
- Map of San Francisco – San Francisco Map Free
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit