Whitefish are denizens of northern Maine lakes. These fish are usually taken by anglers fishing for other species. Whitefish will hit small spoons, bite on a tiny, baited hook, and take dry flies. If you see a school of fast-moving fish taking insects from the surface of a northern Maine lake, it may be whitefish. Rather than casting to a whitefish, determine where the fish is heading and land your fly in its path. Whitefish put up a tremendous fight and are delicious table fare. Maine has two types of whitefish, lake whitefish and round whitefish. Lake whitefish attain the largest size and provide the best sport.
Fishing: Whitefish Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Travel to Santorini, Greece
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados