My dear friend Theo, with roots in both New York and California, used to come to Paris for several months each year. She did not have a huge budget, however, she had an incredible sense of how to get the most out of any situation. We would usually meet up on a Sunday afternoon to attend one of the free concerts that she had picked out. This is a great way to discover little neighborhood churches, and somehow the music always sounds wonderful. There are two guides that you can buy at any newsstand – l’Officiel des Spectacles and Pariscope. They both cost less than 50 cents; I prefer l’Officiel, the cheaper of the two. If you can read just a bit of French, you’ll find information on concerts (free and paying) as well as listings of exhibitions and films. L’Officiel has a good website (unfortunately only in French: www.offi.fr).
Free concerts in Paris Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide