ITALIAN RIVIERA (LIGURIA)
The Italian Riviera stretches 350km along the Mediterranean between France and Tuscany, forming the most famous and most touristed area of the Italian coastline. Genoa divides the crescent-shaped strip into the Riviera di Levante (rising sun) to the east and the Riviera di Ponente (setting sun) to the west. The elegant coast beckons with lemon trees, almond blossoms, and turquoise seas. Especially lovely is the Cinque Terre area, just to the west of La Spezla.
The coastal towns are linked by the main rail line, which runs west to Ventimiglia (near the French border) and east to La Spezia (near Tuscany), but slow local trains can make short trips take hours. Frequent intercity buses pass through all major towns, and local buses run to inland hill-towns. Boats connect most resort towns. Ferries go from Genoa to Olbia, Sardinia and Palermo, Sicily.
ITALIAN RIVIERA LIGURIA Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES