MAJOR BACKPACKING TRAILS TO ARKANSAS
OUACHITA TRAIL 225 miles. This beautiful National Recreation Trail is the longest trail in the state. It runs the length of Ouachita National Forest, from west-central Arkansas into eastern Oklahomabeginning at Pinnacle Mountain State Park, near Little Rock, and ending in Oklahoma’s Talmena State Park. There are views from rugged mountain ridges along the way, with forests primarily of pine and hardwoods. Difficulty ranges from easy to strenuous.
Camping Regulations: Camping and campfires are allowed along most of the trail, except where posted otherwise. No permits are necessary. Campsites should be at least 100 feet from streams and the trail.
For Further Information: Ouachita National Forest, P.O. Box 1270, Hot Springs, AR 71902; (501)321-5202. A guidebook to the Ouachita Trail is available from Jim Rawlins, 157 Sheridan Road, North Little Rock, AR 72116.
MAJOR BACKPACKING TRAILS TO ARKANSAS Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives