For many people and for many centuries, Geneva has been and remains a most suitable place for exchanges of all kinds: A legendary oasis in the world of banking; a well-reputed center for commodities trading; a center of intellectual diversity, innovation and political negotiation.
The destiny of Geneva is certainly one of the most astonishing that the annals of the human race has recorded. Its surrounding territory is of such small size that Voltaire would say with a sarcastic smile, “When I shake my wig, I cover the whole Republic with powder!” In spite of this, the little republic was able to stand on its own feet and resist storms which would have submerged more powerful states.
Map of Geneva Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tokyo Map – Tokyo City Guide
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide