605 Massachusetts Ave. Boston; (617) 262-7704
The name makes it sound like your average neighborhood hangout, and you will find burgers and such on the menu; but the Mass Cafe is actually an Ethiopian restaurant. So yes, you could order one of the American dishes, but Mine always suggests going with the strengths of the house.
These entrees include zegenie (beef cubes in a hot, fairly spicy stew, $6.50); tsebhi derho (chicken simmered in a spicy red sauce, also $6.50); and alitcha beghie (chunks of lamb mildly cooked in an onion and garlic sauce, $7.50). All of these are served with the traditional soft injera bread (which you use to scoop up the stews) and fresh vegetables. Even those menu items marked as spicy won’t bum your tongue. Hours are 10 A.M. to 9 P.M. Mondays through Saturdays.
Mass Cafe US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES