When you are planning a vacation, it’s always good to have travel resources on hand. Whether you’re going to be in the Netherlands or Norway, this article has everything you’ll need to know about both countries, including their best travel destinations.
Map of Norway
Norway is a mountainous country with a coastline on the North Sea. The country has a population of 5.3 million people and an area of 385,252 sq km. The capital Oslo is the largest city in Norway.
Norway’s landscape ranges from the mountainous north to the flat south and east to the fjords and islands. The country’s mainland is divided into five regions: Central Norway, East Norway, West Norway, Nordland and Trøndelag.
The major attractions in Norway are the mountainous areas and fjords. These include Jotunheimen National Park, Lofoten Islands, Voss National Park, Gudvangen Lighthouse, Naustdalen Valley, Geiranger Fjord and Værnesfjord.
Some other popular tourist destinations in Norway include Bergen, Kristiansand, Stavanger and Oslo.
Norway Travel Guide for Tourists: Map of Norway Photo Gallery
Norway is a country located in the northernmost part of Europe, bordered by Finland to the east, Russia to the north and west, and Sweden to the south. The country is home to mountains, lakes, forests, and glaciers.
Norway is known for its natural beauty, with UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the Norwegian Fjords, Lofoten Islands, Svalbard Archipelago and Vesterålen Islands. The country also has a number of other attractions including Oslo’s Parliament Building and Nobel Peace Prize Museum.
If you’re planning a trip to Norway, we recommend checking out our helpful travel guide map of Norway!
Things for the tourist to see in Norway
Norway is a beautiful country with plenty to see for tourists. The country is divided into five regions: West, Central, East, North and South. Each region has its own attractions that are worth visiting.
The West region is home to the capital Oslo and the mountainous areas of Fjell, Lofoten and Vesterålen. The Central region is dominated by lakes and forests, while the East region comprises rolling hills and picturesque villages. The North region is made up of rugged mountains and cold seas, while the South region has lush forests, stunning coastline and crystal-clear lakes.
Whether you’re a nature lover or enjoy visiting historical sites, there’s something for you in Norway. Here are some of the top attractions for tourists to check out:
1) Bergen – Norway’s oldest city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bergen features stunning architecture from centuries past as well as lively nightlife.
2) Flåm Railway – This UNESCO World Heritage Site features the longest narrow-gauge railway in the world. Visitors can take a scenic train ride through beautiful mountain scenery or explore the fascinating stations along the way.
3) Geiranger Fjord – Located in the interior of Norway, this scenic fjord was created by glaciers. It’s lined with stunning waterfalls, as well as quaint towns and villages.
4) Dyrhólaey Island – This is one of the most magical places for tourists to visit in Norway. The picturesque rock formations are so famous that it’s featured on many postcards and travel brochures.
5) Hardangerfjord – With its amazing array of waterfalls and lush landscapes, Hardanger is a wonderful place to go hiking or camp out by a lake.
Shopping and Transportation
Norway is a beautiful country, with plenty of things to see and do. While it’s possible to visit the entire country in a few days, it’s also possible to explore each region in more detail by using various transportation options. In this article, we’ll outline the best ways to get around Norway and list some of the best shopping destinations.
Norway is a large country, so it’s important to have a good map if you want to explore it on your own. The map below shows the main regions of Norway, as well as some notable tourist attractions and places to eat.
If you’re travelling by car or bus, be sure to bring your driver’s licence and passport. You’ll also need money for parking, tolls, and fuel. You can obtain currency at banks and exchange offices throughout the country.
There are several ways to get around Norway by public transportation: trains (both regional and long-distance), buses, ferries, bikes, and skiing. Trains are the cheapest option but generally take longer than other forms of transportation. Buses are usually slower but more comfortable than trains, while ferries and bikes provide great views of the scenery but can be expensive.
Norway is a country filled with natural beauty, and the range of accommodation options means that visitors can find the perfect place to stay no matter what their budget. From cottages and apartments to ski resorts and guesthouses, there is something for everyone in Norway.
The main towns and cities in Norway are easy to get around by bus or train, while the countryside provides plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking and skiing. Accommodation in Norway can be booked online, through tour operators or directly from the accommodation providers themselves.
Here are some recommended places to stay in Norway:
1) Voss – a charming ski resort located in the highlands of Voss County, just outside of Bergen. Voss is well-known for its wonderful scenery and snowboarding, making it an ideal place to relax after a day on the slopes.
2) Lillehammer – one of Norway’s most popular skiing destinations. Lillehammer is located in Sogn og Fjordane County, about an hour south of Oslo. The city has a vibrant nightlife and plenty of restaurants and bars.
3) Geiranger – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Geiranger is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Norway. The village has been attracting visitors since 1877 and its striking natural beauty draws curious travelers.
4) Stavanger – a bustling city located on the southern coast of Norway, Stavanger is known as “The Oil Capital of the World” because it has a huge oil refinery in the city. It is also home to many exceptional music festivals and theaters, making it an all-around exciting place to hear live music or view a play.
Norway is a country of great seafood, and many restaurants serve dishes made with local seafood. Salmon is a popular dish in Norway, and there are many restaurants that specialize in serving this fish. In addition to salmon, other popular seafood dishes in Norway include shrimp and lobster.
The country’s mountainous terrain gives rise to some of the best restaurants in all of Scandinavia. Many of these restaurants are located in high-altitude areas, such as the Jotunheimen National Park, where you can enjoy views of the snow-capped peaks while dining on sumptuous dishes.
In addition to seafood, Norwegian restaurants often serve traditional Swedish dishes such as meatballs and mashed potatoes. If you’re looking for something more unusual, try the national dish, reindeer meatballs cooked in a reddish gravy. Another popular Scandinavian dish is gratin potatoes with cheese sauce.
Where to Park
If you’re driving in Norway, be sure to use the park and ride system. There are many places where you can leave your car and take the bus or train to your destination. The Oslo area has a great park and ride system, while Bergen and Trondheim have excellent railway systems.
Norway is a land of mountains and fjords, with a wealth of attractions for tourists of all ages. From glaciers and waterfalls to exciting cities and rural villages, there’s something for everyone in Norway.
To help you plan your trip, we’ve put together a map of the country with all the major tourist spots highlighted. This guide will give you an idea of what to expect on each itinerary, as well as some essential tips for travelling in Norway.
If you’re looking for accommodation, we’ve also listed a few recommended places to stay. Whether you’re travelling solo or with friends, renting an apartment or villa can make your trip more comfortable and convenient.
Whether you’re planning a short break or a full-blown adventure tour, using our comprehensive travel guide will help make your journey easier and more enjoyable.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Colorado Springs Travel Guide For Tourist- Map Of Colorado Springs
- The Ultimate Travel Guide For Ireland: A Map Of The Nation’s Best Destinations
- Greece Travel Guide – Places to Visit, Nightlife And Culture
- Tourist Guide To South Africa: A Complete Travel Guide
- A Travel Guide To Slovakia: The Best Destinations, Tips & Maps