The Royal Palace (1738-1764) with the throne room painted by Tiepolo and the famous Armeria Real, the Royal Armoury; El Prado (18th century), one of the most famous art galleries of the world with its adjoining building – Cason del Buen Retiro housing works of Velasquez to Goya, Rafael to Picasso (Guernica); the hermitage San Antonio de la Florido (1792-1798) with Goya frescos in the domes and arches, a main work of Spanish art; the Plaza de Espana with its statue of Cervantes; the Plaza de Oriente with its important artistic works of Madrid, the equestrian statue of Philip IV, made by the Florentine Tacca; the Royal Botanical Gardens; the Museum of Contemporary Art and several other interesting museums for example the Wax Works Museum, the Bull Fighters Museum, Carriage Museum, and the Railway Museum.
Sights and Attractions in Madrit Spanish Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES