Spring (Dianchun Tang), where the Company ofthe Little Swords (Xiaodao Hui) had its headquarters between 1853 and 1855, when it ruled Shanghai. Today weapons and coins from the society are on display.
Inner Garden The inner garden, or Park of the Purple Clouds (Qiuxia Pu) dating from (Neiyuan) 1709, once belonged to the nearby Temple of the City God (Chenghuang Miao). The patron was often a person to whom the inhabitants were under a moral obligation. Today a shop can be found in the temple.
Although the garden is only slightly more than 1 ha/0.2 acres it includes all the typical features of a medieval Chinese garden: attractive little palaces, tree-lined paths, flower beds, loggia, and magnificent decorated dividing walls. Of particular interest here are the huge limestone rocks (Yulinlong Shi) and a long wall, its upper section in the shape of a dragon.
Teahouse in the Yuyuan Garden Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES