Rotterdam is a city in the Netherlands that has something for everyone. From shopping to museums, beautiful parks to historical buildings, there is plenty to explore in Rotterdam. This article discusses five of the best things to do in Rotterdam.
The most amazing things to do in Rotterdam are only a few steps away! Here are some of the top attractions that visitors should not miss when visiting the city:
1. The Rijk Museum – This museum houses an impressive collection of art from all over the world, dating back to the 16th century. Admission is free for all visitors.
2. The Willemspark – This park boasts beautiful gardens and a large pond, perfect for a relaxing walk or picnic lunch. It’s also home to the famous Anne Frank house, which can be visited for a fee.
3. The Erasmus Bridge – This bridge connects Rotterdam’s two main districts, and offers stunning views of the river below. The Rotterdam Skyline shopping centre can be found on the other side of the bridge.
4. De Bijenkorf department store – This landmark building is home to some of the biggest names in fashion, beauty products, and food, and is a must-visit for shoppers in Rotterdam.
5. Hofvijver – This lake located in central Rotterdam is perfect for a lazy afternoon swim or bike ride; there’s a small beach along the lake and wooden walkways that run along the water.
6. Anne Frank House – The Anne Frank house is not only a historical landmark, but also an important site in the play ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ and film ‘The Diary of a Young Girl’. The museum also hosts special exhibits on regular basis, so it’s worth checking their website or visiting during a special event.
The Most Amazing Things To Do In Rotterdam Photo Gallery
What to do in Rotterdam
If you’re looking for things to do in Rotterdam, there’s no need to look any further. From Dutch history and architecture to world-class shopping and dining, the city has something for everyone. Here are just a few of the most amazing things to do in Rotterdam:
1. Wander the narrow streets of the historic centre, home to centuries-old canals and beautiful 17th century buildings.
2. Take a walk along the North Sea Canal, one of the world’s longest artificial waterways.
3. Visit one of Rotterdam’s many museums, such as the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh Museum.
4. Sample Dutch food at one of Rotterdam’s famous restaurants, such as De Gouden Koepel or De Boerenkoolkast.
5. Enjoy a night out on the town at one of Rotterdam’s lively nightclubs or bars.
The best things to do in Rotterdam
Rotterdam is a city with a lot to offer tourists and residents alike. Whether you’re looking for an exciting night out, or a relaxing day spent exploring the sights, there are plenty of amazing things to do in Rotterdam. Here are just a few of our favourites:
-Visit the Erasmus University Medical Center: This world-renowned hospital is home to some of the most innovative medical technology on the planet, and it’s well worth taking a tour to see for yourself.
-Take a walk along the canals: Rotterdam’s network of canals is one of its most unique features, and it’s an excellent place to take a leisurely stroll.
-Explore the museums: There are dozens of museums in Rotterdam that offer everything from art to history, and it’s well worth spending some time exploring them all.
Top museums in Rotterdam
Rotterdam is home to some of the world’s most famous museums. From the Rijksmuseum with its collection of Dutch masters to the Van Gogh Museum with its iconic works by Vincent van Gogh, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Here are five of the most amazing museums in Rotterdam:
1. The Rijksmuseum
With its impressive collection of Dutch masters, such as Rembrandt, Frans Hals and Johannes Vermeer, the Rijksmuseum is a must-see for any visitor to Rotterdam. Highlights include Vermeer’s The Concert and Madama Butterfly, both of which are incredibly well-preserved and offer a unique insight into Dutch art history.
2. The Piet Mondrian Museum
With paintings such as Composition No. 14 (1916), Stripmensch (1917) and De Stille Oceaan (1918), the Piet Mondrian Museum is one of the most acclaimed art galleries in Rotterdam. This museum is dedicated to the work of one of the 20th century’s most iconic artists and offers an interesting perspective into his life and work.
3. The Rembrandt House MuseumHoused in the city’s historic Grand Place, the Rembrandt House Museum covers a truly impressive range of artworks, ranging from drawings to paintings. Most visitors will probably be interested in the two famous self-portraits that were painted by Rembrandt himself as well as a number of other works by some of Holland’s most famous artists.
4. The Rijksmuseum GardensThe Rijksmuseum Gardens are one of Rotterdam’s most beautiful spots and offer an incredibly tranquil setting for any visitor to take in some tremendous architecture and enjoy some stunning views over the city.
Cheap activities in Rotterdam
If you’re looking for things to do in Rotterdam that won’t break the bank, these are some of our favorite cheap activities.
-Visit one of the many charming canals in Rotterdam – they’re great for a relaxing stroll and offer stunning views of the Dutch cityscape.
-Cross the river Nieuwmarkt and explore the lively shopping district on the other side – it’s packed with interesting shops and amazing views of the skyline.
-Don’t forget about the Rijksmuseum – one of Europe’s most impressive museums, full of centuries-old treasures. It’s definitely worth a visit whether you’re a museum lover or not!
Where to stay in Rotterdam
There are so many different places to stay in Rotterdam that it can be hard to decide where to start. But if you’re looking for a great place to stay with all the bells and whistles, then look no further than The Ritz-Carlton. This luxurious hotel has everything you need and more, including a spa, a fitness center, and a stunning pool area. If you’re on a budget, however, don’t worry – there are also plenty of other great options available. For example, the Radisson Blu Hotel is perfect for budget-minded travelers who want all the basics – like hot showers and an affordable rate – without any of the frills. And if you’re looking for something a bit more unique, check out the Pension De Koningin Fabiola. This charming guesthouse is filled with character and features everything from antique furniture to private gardens. Whatever your budget or preferences, there’s sure to be a great place to stay in Rotterdam that fits your needs!
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Corleto Perticara, Italy A Map of the Town
- Biyong, China A Map to the Unknown
- Arnold A Town with a Heart
- A Detailed Map of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- A Detailed Map of Montenegro