The so-called Mexican Riviera the stretch of port cities and resorts extending from Mazatlan in the north to Acapulco in the south is one of the classic cruise destinations. Blessed with miles of beaches backed by picturesque mountains, and with a climate that practically guarantees perfect beach weather any day of the year, this is the Caribbean for folks who live on the West Coast.
Spanish conquistadors and missionaries came to this coast in the 16th and 17th centuries to find riches, convert the heathen, and establish ports for sailing to the Far East. But it wasn’t until the mid-20th century that other travelers discovered the region. Hollywood stars arrived first, heading south for anonymity and great sport-fishing. Later, the spring-break crowd followed. The region’s appeal has broadened since then, offering plenty of family-oriented relaxation and a dash of both history and culture.
TRAVEL TO THE MEXICAN RIVIERA & BAJA CRUISES Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide