Viking Historical Museum
Location: 510861st Avenue, Viking.
Info: Open from the Victoria Day weekend until late summer, Wednesday to Friday,
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and by appointment during the off-season. Guided tours are available upon request. Donations are welcome. Buildings are wheelchair accessible, but washrooms are not. 780-336-3066.
The Viking Historical Museum depicts the lives of the area’s first Scandinavian settlers. Pioneer theme rooms show how the community changed from its early agricultural base due to oil and gas development. The Viking Municipal Hospital, built in 1921, was converted to house the museum in 1984. A pioneer village on the site includes a 1907 school, a 1903 log store, a 1919 farmhouse, and a 1938 church. The museum has a spot for picnicking.
Viking Historical Museum Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pelican Point Lodge Walvis Bay Namibia
- FIND YOURSELF RAAS DEVIGARH, RAJASTHAN, INDIA
- 5 Best Trekking In Bhutan for Adventure Lovers
- Why You Need a Portable İnduction Hob on Your Travels
- City Stories – 4 Great Cultured Cities