Sparklers are overdone, and wish lanterns aren’t allowed on our chosen beach. What are some locally inspired send-off ideas?
THE EXPERT Larissa Banting is owner and head planner of Weddings Costa Rica, which has led Central American celebrations for 13 years.
Whatever you choose, you’ll want to end the night on a high note. In Mexico, consider handing out maracas customized with your names and wedding date for everyone to shake for a noisy salute.
Ribbon wands are also popular; a corridor of guests waving them makes for a colorful yet quieter adieu that’s perfect for vibrant photos.
If you want something really lively and unforgettably wild, have a drumming, hip-shaking, Rio de Janeiro-inspired carnival lead you out.
One of my clients surprised their guests with a high-energy, interactive performance like this at the end of the night it was quite a showstopper!
Party hats, beads, masks and noisemakers were handed out so everyone was fully in the spirit of la vida loca.
Wedding in Mexico Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Nevers – How To Tour A City With Purpose
- More Things To Do In Moutier, Switzerland
- Map of Mountain View – Mountain View Travel Guide – The Cultural Capital of Silicon Valley
- The Best Places To Travel In Maryland For A Day Trip – Maryland Map
- Moscow Travel Guide for Tourist: Map of Moscow