The Grand Loop Road going north from West Thumb follows the lakeshore closely most of the way to Fishing Bridge Junction, almost 21 miles (33 km) away. You’ll catch glimpses of America’s highest large freshwater lake and its surrounding mountains. The Absaroka Range is beyond the lake to the east, and the Red Mountains are to the south. There are many places to pull over by the lakeside to look, take pictures, picnic, or fish.
Road Log NOTE: There are several short side roads along this stretch of the Grand Loop Road. The mileage for such roads is given at approximately the midpoint between the two ways to enter the road. 0.0/20.6 From West Thumb Junction the road north goes toward Bridge Bay Marina, Lake Village, and Fishing Bridge Junction. To the west is Old Faithful Village; to the south is the South Entrance.
From West Thumb Junction to Fishing Bridge Junction Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide