West Virginia notable latinos
Moreno, Leopold (1923-). A Texan native, Leopold Moreno became the first Mexican American railroad inspector to work in West Virginia. He worked for the Southern Pacific Railroad Company as an inspector of freight cars. Although Moreno eventually moved back to Texas, his position as an inspector opened the way for other Latinos to work their way up the employment hierarchy.
Rodriguez, Rich Rod (1963-). West Virginia native Rich Rodriguez is the head football coach at the University of Michigan. Prior to moving to Michigan, he was the head coach at West Virginia University for seven seasons. He is currently one of only two Latino head football coaches in the NCAA.
West Virginia Map Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- The Riverside Travel Guide: Where To Stay, What To Do
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Travel to Santorini, Greece