What To Do In Madagascar: The Must-Do Places
When you’re deciding where to travel, sometimes the best solution is to take a trip that’s not in your home country. While you might get tired of always being on the go, you’ll discover new things and learn about other cultures that you wouldn’t be able to see if you were staying in your own country. Read this guide for all of the places that are worth visiting when in Madagascar!
Map of Madagascar
This map of Madagascar shows the main tourist destinations and what to see there. You can also find out about nearby islands and dive sites.
What To Do In Madagascar: The Must-Do Places – Map of Madagascar Photo Gallery
There are so many things to do in Madagascar that it can be hard to know where to start. Whether you’re a nature lover or just looking for some laughs, these are the must-do places in Madagascar.
If you’re interested in learning about the culture and history of Madagascar, then be sure to visit one of the many UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The most famous of these is probably the atelier of Antananarivo, which was home to renowned 18th century painter Andriamasolo.
If you want to stay close to the city, then head to the lively Analakely district or stay in one of the luxury resorts on the island. If all this sounds a little too tame for you, why not explore some of Madagascar’s wilder areas? There are plenty of hikes and safaris available that will take you deep into the rainforest or down into the snowy peaks.
Whatever your interests are, there’s a place on Madagascar to satisfy them. So go ahead – pack your bags and start exploring!
What to Do in Madagascar?
In case you’re curious about what to do in Madagascar, here’s a list of some of the most popular activities. Whether you’re looking for beaches to relax on, culture and history to explore, or simply want to get out and enjoy the stunning scenery, there’s something for everyone on this list!
1. Visit Antananarivo, the country’s capital. This ancient city is steeped in history and full of interesting sights to see, like the impressive National Museum. If you have time to spare, wander around the city’s markets too – they’re definitely worth a visit.
2. Take a trip down to the beautiful lake Nosy Be. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to a variety of wildlife, including lemurs and birds of all kinds. There are also plenty of gorgeous beaches nearby where you can spend your time swimming or sunbathing.
3. Spend time at one of Madagascar’s many beautiful beaches. There are plenty to be found in the major tourist destinations like Nosy Be and Mahajanga, but there are also some excellent beach options off the beaten path too. If you’re looking for something more active, head to La Calavera Beach in Tamatave where you’ll be able to find sunbathing and swimming options.
4. See the famous faketrails along the coast of Nosy Be, a monument that was created by early European missionaries in the mid-1800’s. The structure is up around 100 meters high and it was built with rocks from this area to represent Christ’s crown of thorns.
There are so many things to do in Madagascar that it’s hard to know where to start. Whether you’re looking for an intense activity or something more relaxing, there’s probably something on this list that will fit your needs. Here are some of our favorite activities in the island nation:
-Visit a Local Village: If you want to get up close and personal with the locals, visit a village. The people here are friendly and willing to share their culture with you.
-Climb A Mountain: If you’re looking for an intense activity, climb a mountain. There are a number of hikes available in the area, and most are well-maintained.
-Take A Waterfall Trip: Madagascar is home to some of the world’s tallest waterfalls, so take a trip out to see them. Many of these falls can be reached by boat, making them great options for those who don’t enjoy hiking.
-Be A Tourist: While there are plenty of things to do in Madagascar that aren’t related to tourism, doing everything that tourists do can be pretty fun too.
If you’re looking for a tropical escape, Madagascar is worth considering. Here are five must-do places:
1. visit the Anjouan archipelago
2. take a hike to Sainte Luce mountain peak
3. explore the desert city of Toamasina
4. witness the fiery annual Baobab fruit festival in Toamasina
5. go birdwatching in Sahamalaza National Park
If you’re ever planning a trip to Madagascar, make sure to check out these places! From stunning coastal areas to interesting historical sites, there’s something for everyone on this amazing island continent. Whether you’re looking for activities like diving and snorkeling or just want to relax in the sun, these are the places that should definitely be on your list. Thanks for reading!