Arequipa is a region of Peru that is known for its dramatic landscapes, unique culture and natural beauty. In this guide, you’ll find out all the information you need to help you plan your trip!
Map of Arequipa
Arequipa is a picturesque city with plenty to offer visitors. The city is located in the Andes mountains, and its scenery is breathtaking. With so much to see and do, there’s no need to be limited in your choices of where to stay or what to do. This article will help you plan your trip and make the most of your time in Arequipa.
A Guide to Arequipa Travel: Where to Stay, What to Do Photo Gallery
Arequipa Travel Guide
If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway in Peru, Arequipa is the perfect destination. This vibrant city is known for its lovely colonial architecture and stunning mountain views. If you’re looking to explore the area, here are some tips for staying in Arequipa, what to do when you’re there, and where to eat.
When to Visit: June-November
Arequipa’s high altitude (3,000-4,000 meters) makes it a bit chilly in the morning and evening during the months of June-September. For those who are seeking a bit more warmth, October-November are the best months to visit Arequipa. The city gets a little too hot during December-May.
How Much To Spend: $50-$100 per day
One of the biggest expenses when traveling to Arequipa is food. You’ll want to budget around $50-$100 per day for food since the city has some great restaurants that offer Peruvian cuisine at reasonable prices. Be sure to also bring your own snacks and water since restaurants generally don’t serve drinks unless you ask for them.
Where to Stay in Arequipa?
Arequipa is a wonderful city to explore, and lodging can be a bit pricey for budget-minded travelers. However, there are many affordable and comfortable options available in the city. Here are a few suggestions for where to stay in Arequipa:
1) Hostal el Farolito: This small, family-owned hostal is located in the historic center of Arequipa and offers comfortable and affordable accommodations. Rooms come with shared bathrooms, and breakfast is included in the price.
2) Hotel Gran Bretaña de Arequipa: This well-known hotel is located in the heart of the city and offers excellent value for money. Rooms come with private baths and hot water, as well as cable TV and Wi-Fi access. There’s also a pool on site.
3) Hotel Blanco y Negro: Another good option for budget-minded travelers is Hotel Blanco y Negro. The hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms at reasonable rates, as well as free parking and an outdoor pool.
4) Hotel Colibrí: If you’re looking for something luxurious but still affordable, consider Hotel Colibrí. The property is centrally located and comes with spacious rooms with private baths, as well as cable TV and Wi-Fi access. There’s also a pool on site.
5) Hotel Sirena Arequipa: This hotel belongs to the same group that runs Colibrí, and rooms are similar, but slightly more expensive. They still come with private baths, cable TV, and Wi-Fi access.
6) Hotel Pancho Villa: Rooms at this small hotel in the heart of the city are reasonably priced, offer free parking and Wi-Fi access, and have hot water showers – all in all very decent deals!
What to See in Arequipa
If you’re looking for a laid-back travel destination that’s also Waikiki Beach-adjacent, Arequipa should definitely be on your list. Here are some of the top attractions to check out:
1. Plaza de Armas: This plaza is home to some of the city’s most iconic landmarks, including the Cathedral and the Alcázar. It’s also a great place to people watch.
2. San Francisco Monastery: Completed in 1653, this monastery is considered one of the most important colonial buildings in Peru. It features ornate ceilings, impressive murals and amazing views from its rooftop terrace.
3. Miraflores Fortress: This fortress was built in 1540 by the Spanish conquistadors as a defense against attacks from the Inca empire. Today, it’s one of the top tourist destinations in Arequipa, and it offers stunning views of the city and the Andes Mountains.
4. The Roman Ruins at Moche: If you’re interested in ancient civilizations, then you should definitely check out these ruins near Arequipa. Dating back to 600 AD, they’re a fascinating glimpse into Peruvian history.
Things to Do in Arequipa
If you’re looking for some ideas on what to do while in Arequipa, be sure to check out our blog section! Here, you’ll find all sorts of helpful advice on where to stay, what to see and do, and more. So be sure to give it a read before your trip!
Some of our top picks include checking out the local markets and shops, taking a trek up to Machu Picchu National Park, and indulging in some delicious Peruvian cuisine at one of Arequipa’s many restaurants. So whatever you’re looking for in terms of fun activities while visiting Peru’s vibrant capital city – we’ve got you covered!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Things To Do In Rosario: The Map
- Map Of Rouen: What You Need To Know About The City Traveling To France
- Santa Fe: The City That Never Sleeps
- A Tourist’s Guide To Roswell: What To Do, Where To Stay And Where To Eat
- Sa Pobla – A Travel Guide For Every Destination