ARLENE SHWETZ EDMONTON
1906 Methodist church, Victoria Settlement Provincial Historic Site
Location: 13 km south of Smoky Lake, at the intersection of Hwy 855 and Victoria Trail.
Exit Smoky Lake on Hwy 855 south and drive to the Victoria Trail intersection.
Info: Open Victoria Day to Labour Day, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Admission is charged. 780-656-2229.
Metis Crossing is an Aboriginal interpretive centre on a 207-hectare site on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River, four kilometres west of Victoria Settlement. You will find a recreated fort and tipi village with costumed Metis interpreters who explain life as it was lived in the late 1800s and demonstrate mid-1900s farming methods. Expect to enjoy a warm welcome with some fiddling and jigging at this National Historic Site. You can learn how to make bannock and scrape a hide, or ride a Red River cart or York boat. There is a roughly one-kilometre-long nature trail to explore, and a beautiful riverfront spot with picnic tables. A less traditional form of entertainment includes six zip lines that lead down to the North Saskatchewan River.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE KANDY HOUSE KANDY, SRI LANKA BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HISTORIC TEA TANGALLE, SRI LANKA PLANTATIONS, IMPRESSIVE SAFARIS
- A HOLIDAY TO CLUB LA SANTA IN LANZAROTE
- IL SERENO LAKE COMO, ITALY SET ON THE LAKE’S SOUTH-EASTERN SHORE
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- PINE CLIFFS ALGARVE, PORTUGAL AS RELAXING WAYS TO ARRIVE AT THE BEACH GO