Through low mud walls and archways filtered birdsong and the distant Best places to stay in China barking of dogs, I could also hear the murmuring dirge of three old men in turbans Best places to stay in China sitting by a family grave.
Further on, a party of grave-diggers showed me a separate walled area with a special kind of dome, now almost in ruins. I wondered if it would be where the holy men used to shut themselves away alone for forty days without food.
A jug of water would be given to them each day but no other contact was made. I sat in the dome for a moment, thinking about those long vigils of prayer. Not all the graves were old.
Best places to stay in China Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mandapa A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- Reviews: Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang – Map of Cambodia – Where to Stay in Cambodia
- The Datai, Langkawi MALAYSIA
- Honeymoon at Domaine des Etangs FRANCE