Greece is the perfect destination for a family vacation with its many gorgeous beaches, good food, and cultural history. However, sometimes one might feel overwhelmed by all of the tourist destinations that they can visit. Here are some of our favorite places to visit in Crete!
Crete, Greece Map
Websites that offer great deals on flights to Crete and tips on where to stay are a great starting point for planning your trip.
Some of our favorite places to visit in Crete include the Minoan ruins at Knossos, the picturesque town of Iraklion, and the sandy beaches of Malia.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, try zip lining or hiking in some of the nearby mountains.
No matter what you decide to do in Crete, be sure to take plenty of photos and enjoy the stunning views!
Best Places To Visit In Crete, Greece Photo Gallery
What is Crete?
Crete is a beautiful and mystical island in the Mediterranean Sea. The island is known for its pristine beaches, rocky cliffs, stunning villages and historical sites. What to do in Crete?
There are so many things to do on Crete that it is hard to know where to start. Here are some of our favorite attractions:
– visit the ancient city of Knossos, which was home to a great palace and many impressive ruins;
– hike or bike through the amazing mountain ranges;
– explore the charming villages with their winding streets and colorful houses;
– go swimming in crystal-clear waters at one of Crete’s many beaches;
– take a trip on a traditional wooden boat around the stunning coastline.
History of Crete
There is a lot to explore and learn about on Crete, one of the most mountainous and picturesque regions in Greece. Here are some of the best places to visit:
1. Phaistos Discotheque: This disco, which was built in the 1930s, is considered one of the most beautiful discos in the world. It’s located in the city of Phaistos and offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea.
2. Knossos Palace: Constructed during the Minoan period (c.2000 BC-1450 BC), Knossos is home to one of the most impressive palaces in Europe. The palace was used as a royal residence and contains dozens of rooms with lavish frescoes and carvings.
3. Rethymno: Known for its luxury spas and crystal-clear water, Rethymno is a popular destination for tourists who want to relax on Crete’s coast. The city has a lively nightlife and plenty of restaurants and shops.
Where to Stay on Crete
If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, Crete is the perfect place. The island boasts amazing beaches and breathtaking scenery, as well as plenty of activities to keep you busy. Here are five of the best places to stay on Crete:
1. Kastelli Village
Kastelli Village is a charming boutique hotel set in a small village on the outskirts of Chania. The property offers stunning views of the Venetian castle, and there’s plenty of outdoor space to relax in, including a pool and a garden.
2. Kyklos Palace Resort
Kyklos Palace Resort is an excellent option for those who want some luxury without breaking the bank. The property features stunning gardens and spectacular views of the sea from many of its rooms and villas. There is also an excellent spa, two restaurants, and a bar on site.
3. Eleni’s Cottage
Eleni’s Cottage is perfect for those who want to experience Crete authentically. The property is located in the heart of Rethymnon, one of the most charming towns on the island, and offers simple but comfortable accommodation with shared bathrooms.
Where To Eat on Crete
If you’re looking for a place to eat on Crete, there are many great places to choose from. Some of our favorites include Gourna Taverna in Chania, the Old Bakery in Heraklion, and Kalamaki Beach Grill in Plaka. If you’re looking for something a little more intimate, we recommend the Lanterna Restaurant in Rethymno or the Monastery Taverna in Agios Nikolaos.
Fun Things to Do on Crete
If you’re looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway, Crete is the perfect place to go! From beaches to ancient ruins, there’s something for everyone on this iconic Greek island. Here are five of the best places to visit on Crete:
1. Rethymno: This charming town is known for its stunning sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters. Take a relaxing walk along the beach or enjoy some delicious seafood cuisine at one of the local restaurants.
2. Heraklion: The largest city on Crete, Heraklion is home to many interesting attractions, including the Palace of Knossos and Minoan Ruins. Don’t forget to take in some of the city’s famous nightlife while you’re in town!
3. Agios Nikolaos: This beautiful monastery is located in the heart of the mountainous region of Rethymnon. Walk through its peaceful gardens or take a hike up to the monastery’s impressive peaks.
4. Moni Sfakia: One of Crete’s most popular destinations, Moni Sfakia offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and several ancient ruins dating back to antiquity.
How to Reach Crete
If you’re looking for a vacation with plenty of culture, history, and beautiful scenery, Crete is the perfect place to go. Here are some tips on how to get there and what to do while you’re there:
-First, you’ll want to decide if you want to fly into one of the many airports in Greece or if you’d rather take a slow boat ride across the Mediterranean Sea.ichever route you choose, make sure to book your tickets well in advance as flights can get booked up quickly.
-Once you’re in Crete, the first thing you’ll want to do is check out the many historical sites scattered throughout the island. The most popular ones include Knossos (where King Minos kept his infamous labyrinth), Phaistos (where ancient art has been discovered), and Malia (the home of King Minos’ palace).
-After ticking off a few must-see destinations, it’s time to relax and enjoy all that Crete has to offer. The beaches on the west coast are especially worth checking out, while those on the east coast are known for their crystal clear waters.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map Of Rouen: What You Need To Know About The City Traveling To France
- Santa Fe: The City That Never Sleeps
- A Tourist’s Guide To Roswell: What To Do, Where To Stay And Where To Eat
- Sa Pobla – A Travel Guide For Every Destination
- Sa Coma Travel Guide for Tourist, Map of Sa Coma