51A Massachusetts Ave. Boston; (617) 247-0718 A coupla blocks in from the Charles, India Samraat features huge portions of wonderfully authentic Indian specialties at prices that definitely cater to the area’s vast student population. Several lunch specials come in under $5. These all begin with crunchy, spiced papadam bread, and include basmati rice, cabbage, and onion chutney. Choose from treats like saag paneer (spinach cooked with homemade cheese in a curry sauce, $4.50), chicken curry ($4.75), and malai kofta (fried vegetable balls in cream sauce, also $4.75). Mine enjoyed a special entree, chicken simmered with vegetables and herbs. Very spicy, but not bum-your-mouth hot.
Dinner entrees are equally cheap and delicious. Enjoy chicken tandoori ($8.25), lamb curry ($7.95), or mixed vegetable curty ($6.95). Dinners again are served with basmati rice and onion chutney. Curry dishes can be prepared mild or hot; don’t be afraid to specify. India Samraat is open from 12 noon to 11 P.M. daily.
India Samraat US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES