On a bend between the rivers Danube and Traun lies Linz the capital of Upper Austria. Linz with its 200,000 inhabitants is the third largest city of Austria and also after Vienna its most important industrial center. The United Austrian Iron and Steel Works (VOEST) have their headquarters here, as well as Chemie Linz AG the largest producer of chemical products, engine factories, foundries and shipyards. The Linz Danube harbour is the most important harbour in Austria. Then there are the Linz breweries, optics industry, shoe manufacturers and foodstuff industries. Linz is also a large center for educational development. It has a University and its higher college for sodal sciences and the higher college for the formation of art and industry. Despite the success of its economic orientation Linz still looks after its past, for example: the Old City with its imposing buildings and large main square, one of the most beautiful squares of Teutonic architecture.
LINZ MAP Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES