Southern Maine is the most populated section of the state, yet it has dozens of lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams. Many of southern Maines rivers offer fast trout fishing amidst pastoral surroundings. Some of the heaviest fish stocking takes place in this region.
Saltwater anglers in southern Maine get the first crack at early-arriving striped bass and bluefish. Wading, fishing from shore, and fishing from boats are all popular. Charter boats and party boats abound. These boats usually provide bait and tackle, making saltwater fishing accessible to anglers without the proper equipment.
Sebago Lake is the second largest lake in Maine and is an early hot spot for lake trout and landlocked salmon. Later, Sebago becomes a favorite spot for warmwater species.
Most anglers driving north on U.S. Route 1 never suspect that just a few miles inland from the coastal congestion lies some of the finest fishing in the state.
Maines Top Fishing Spots Southern Maine Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES