For a city with only 80,000 inhabitants it is very important as the seat of the European Court of Justice and numerous institutions of the European Economic Community (European Parliament, European Commission ) as well as its administration center. The European Investment Bank is here as well as the International Faculty of Comparable Science and the Catholic Bishopric. NATO also has a depot here. Above all this, one should not forget that Luxembourg is an important commercial center with over 120 Foreign banks, many industries, trade organisations, and the studios of RTL (Radio-Tele-Luxembourg) Europe’s first commercial radio broadcasting station. The medieval center of Luxembourg lies on top of the cliff over the rivers Alzette and Petrusse. Bridges and viaducts on both sides of the deep cut river valleys connect the old city with the new city.
Map of LUXEMBOURG CITY Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tokyo Map – Tokyo City Guide
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide