Armchair sportsmen will find ample fare on television. The major American networks provide excellent coverage of sports events.
The baseball season runs from April to October; football (American style) from September to December. If you want to attend a game, buy your tickets in advance. Ask at the hotel desk or go to a Ticke-tron (977-9020) outlet. For less important games, you can probably get tickets at the gate. Consult the Friday newspapers for a rundown on the weekend sports activities.
The Mets baseball team and the Jets (football) play in Shea Stadium in Queens, not far from La Guardia Airport. The 90 No. 7 (Flushing IRT) subway, from Grand Central, stops right at the stadium.
New York map shape Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru