LAND AHOY! THIS TINY SPECK OF A PRIVATE ISLAND (reachable via Saint Lucia) is barefoot luxury at its best. Void of TVs, CDs and phones in all the rooms, it’s a proper step back in time, and with a circumference of just 1.5 miles, you can easily run a couple of circuits before breakfast. As well as fern-fringed jogging trails, there are cycle paths and an array of watersports on offer, but what’s better than whiling away your days lazing in a hammock listening to the gentle rustle of coconut palms? Each of the hotel’s 43 rooms combine simplicity with Caribbean flair (think rattan armchairs, zesty lime throws and wooden ceiling fans) and with only a handful of holiday homes found inland, you can play at having the whole island to yourselves. Magical.
INSIDER TIP: Look out for George, the most famous of the island’s iguanas. He lives near the Royal Palm resto and loves posing for pics!
PALM ISLAND RESORT Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE KANDY HOUSE KANDY, SRI LANKA BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HISTORIC TEA TANGALLE, SRI LANKA PLANTATIONS, IMPRESSIVE SAFARIS
- A HOLIDAY TO CLUB LA SANTA IN LANZAROTE
- IL SERENO LAKE COMO, ITALY SET ON THE LAKE’S SOUTH-EASTERN SHORE
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- PINE CLIFFS ALGARVE, PORTUGAL AS RELAXING WAYS TO ARRIVE AT THE BEACH GO