In the Marmara southeast of Istanbul is an archipelago of nine small islands. They are famous for their beautiful pine woods, beaches and horse-drawn carriages (motor vechicles are prohibited on the islands) and they are very popular in the summer.
THE PRINCES ISLANDS ISTANBUL Photo Gallery
The captain was therefore found guilty and fined 200 Norwegian kroner. For outstanding gallantry, coxswain James Robson was awarded the Royal National Lifeboat Institute’s Silver Medal at a public meeting on 12 March 1908, the chairman of North Sunderland Lifeboat Station, Lt. Col. Marshal, presenting it on behalf of the RNLI. James’ father, a former coxswain, was also presented with a framed certificate to mark his years of dedication to the service. The King of Norway presented James Robson with a silver medal for ‘His Noble Deeds’ in rescuing the crew of the Geir. The Geir (Official No.84946) was an iron-hulled 848-ton Norwegian steam cargo vessel measuring 61.13 m in length, with a 9.60-m beam and a 3.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES