The days of prohibition were filled with bootleg liquor, gambling, violent criminal gangs, and police crackdowns. Though liquor was illegal, many popular restaurants and nightclubs had a secret area for their select guest to enjoy a drink and a game of cards. Special guests were asked to keep these rooms secret and not speak openly about their existence. Hence the term speakeasy.
This time in America also brought in a new breed of women. These ladies shunned moral norms. They bobbed their hair, wore scandalously short skirts, drank hard whiskey and otherwise flaunted their disdain for what was considered acceptable behavior for young women. They were known as the flappers.
Bev and I would have to look into the speakeasy rumor. This could add a new dimension to the Arlington’s possible haunting.
Spain Map Tourist Attractions Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mandapa A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- Reviews: Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang – Map of Cambodia – Where to Stay in Cambodia
- The Datai, Langkawi MALAYSIA
- Honeymoon at Domaine des Etangs FRANCE