BIG HILL POND STATE RUSTIC PARK
4,500 acres. This state park in southwest Tennessee includes low hills, meadows, swamps, some small lakes and ponds, Cypress Creek, and the Tuscumbia River. It’s forested with oak and elm, cypress and gum. Deer and wild turkey are among the wildlife.
Activities: There are 19 miles of trails for hiking and backpacking. Horses and pets are not allowed on trails. Fishing is available by permit. Hunting is possible in a portion of the park during the appropriate season.
Camping Regulations: Four shelters are located along the trails, and camping is restricted to these sites. Campers are asked to check in with a ranger at the time of entry. Campfires are allowed at the shelters, but bringing a stove is recommended.
For Further Information: Big Hill Pond State Rustic Park, Route 1, Pocahontas, TN 38061; (901)645-9275.
Tennessee Travel Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives