Alaska is a beautiful destination that I always wanted to visit, but I wasn’t able to until this past February with friends. What did we do in Alaska? We went on a roadtrip! Here are some of the best things to do in Alaska!
Map of Alaska
The best things to do in Alaska right now are plentiful, varied, and relatively affordable. Whether you’re looking for a scenic drive or activities for the whole family, there’s something for everyone in this state. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Drive the length of Alaska’s stunning coastline. From Homer to Ketchikan, take in panoramic views of crashing waves and rocky cliffs while hearing the roar of the ocean.
2. Hike in one of Alaska’s many amazing national parks. From Mount McKinley to Denali National Park and Preserve, explore vast wilderness areas with incredible hiking trails and majestic vistas.
3. Go snowboarding or skiing in one of the state’s top resorts. With more than 200 inches of snowfall annually, Alaskan ski resorts offer plenty of opportunities to hit the slopes.
4. Visit one of Anchorage’s many attractions, like the Alaska Zoo or Anchorage Museum of History and Art. Or take a scenic drive out to beautiful Talkeetna for a hike in one of Alaska’s many nature reserves.
The Best Things To Do In Alaska Right Now Photo Gallery
What is Alaska All About?
Alaska is a state in the United States of America. It is located in the northwest corner of North America, bordered by Canada to the east, the Arctic Ocean to the north, and Russia to the south. The state has a population of just over 6 million people.
The best things to do in Alaska right now include hiking, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, bird watching and whale watching. Visitors can also enjoy visiting Glacier Bay National Park and Denali National Park.
Best Places to Visit in the U.S.
The best things to do in Alaska right now are definitely the mountains. For hiking, there are endless trails to explore in Denali National Park and on the Tundra of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. Cruise the Inside Passage on a luxury vessel and enjoy stunning views of glaciers, islands, and coastline. There are also plenty of water sports options like kayaking and fishing, or go skiing or snowboarding in one of the state’s many resorts.
For culture lovers, there’s no better place than Juneau with its history and architecture galleries, wineries, and hiking trails in Gastineau Channel National Park. Situated on a beautiful bayfront overlooking Glacier Bay, Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center is a great place to start your journey into this vast wilderness area.
If you want to experience some of the best shopping ever, head to Anchorage where you can find everything from high-end clothes to artisanal goods. If you want to try your hand at some really unique activities like kayaking through frigid waters or ice climbing, head to Fairbanks for all kinds of winter sports.
The Best Things To Do In Alaska Right Now
If you’re looking for a buzz-worthy vacation spot, Alaska is always a popular choice. From world-famous destinations like Denali National Park and Fairbanks to lesser-known gems like Homer and Juneau, there’s something for everyone in the Alaskan wilderness. Here are some of the best things to do in Alaska right now.
Denali National Park: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is worth visiting no matter what time of year you visit. The park experiences a range of seasons, with vibrant colors and stunning vistas at different times of the year. You can hike, bike, or drive to see the awe-inspiring views, or stay in one of Denali’s many visitor lodges.
Anchorage: Known as “The Last Frontier,” this bustling city has much to offer tourists. There’s plenty of shopping and dining options, as well as outdoor activities like fishing and skiing. In the evening, check out an outdoor performance at one of Anchorage’s many theaters or attend a show at the Liberty Theatre.
Fairbanks: Situated in beautiful Interior Alaska, this town offers plenty of activities outside of the city center. Head to the Matanuska Valley for hiking
More Alternative Destinations To Visit In Alaska
If you’re looking for a new and different destination to explore in Alaska, consider checking out some of the alternative destinations available today. From scenic mountain towns to buzzing urban centers, these places offer a unique experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the state. Here are some of the best things to do in Alaska right now:
1. Explore Denali National Park. This stunning park is home to some of the most iconic mountains in North America, including Mt. McKinley, the tallest peak in North America. Whether you hike, bike, or drive the trails, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this park.
2. Visit Homer. This charming fishing town is located on the Gulf of Alaska and features stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. It’s also home to some of Alaskan’s best restaurants and bars, making it a great place to spend a day or two exploring.
3. Take a cruise on the Inside Passage. This scenic route runs along the coastline of southeastern Alaska between Ketchikan and Sitka. The voyage offers amazing views of wildlife and coastline, as well as plenty of opportunities for adventure including kayaking and whale watching.
The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Alaska
There are so many things to do in Alaska that it can be hard to decide what to do first! Here are the best things to do in Alaska right now:
-Drive the Alaska Highway: This is a stunningly beautiful highway that runs from Anchorage all the way to Fairbanks. It’s a great way to see some of the most scenic parts of Alaska.
-Take a whale watching tour: Whale watching tours are a great way to see some of the amazing wildlife in Alaska. You’ll likely see humpback whales, gray whales, and other types of whales during your tour.
-Visit a glacier: Glacier tours are a great way to see some of the most beautiful scenery in Alaska. You’ll be able to visit glaciers and witness firsthand how they’re changing over time.
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Corleto Perticara, Italy A Map of the Town
- Biyong, China A Map to the Unknown
- Arnold A Town with a Heart
- A Detailed Map of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- A Detailed Map of Montenegro