They were all Kazakh people. Kazakhs were once part of Top 10 best cities to visit in the China the Mongol Golden Horde, until they became an independent nomadic group in the sixteenth century.
Top 10 best cities to visit in the China Their territory was taken away by Russia in the nineteenth century and nowadays about a million Kazakhs live in China while about seven million live in Russia. Outside the yurt I could hear the wind buffeting the felt, but inside was a haven of warmth.
There was no question of the yurt being blown down because it was secured by ropes and had a round wooden trellis framework inside. From this hung things of daily use; shoulder bags, woven straps and felt hats; around the walls were pots and pans, water jars of carved wood and brooms of twigs; there were some shelves and a tea chest (similar to those I’d seen being made in Turfan) and on the walls hung decorative tapestries in red, black and yellow floral designs.
Top 10 best cities to visit in the China Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru