The landmarks which are a must for all visitors are quite numerous:
1. St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican City and its vast and rich museums which include the breath-taking Sistine Chapel.
2. The nearby Castel St. Angelo, built as a mausoleum by Emperor Hadrian.
3. The scenic Piazza Navona, just across the river.
4. The Pantheon and its spectacular dome a few yards from Piazza Navona.
5. The Spanish Stair in the heart of the shopping center.
6. Piazza Venezia with its imposing monument to Victor Emanuel II, father of the nation, and the unknown soldier’s tomb.
7. The Basilica of St. John Lateran, the old seat of the Popes.
8. The Basilica of St. Mary Major.
9. The Basilica of San Paolo fuori le Mura, built on the tomb of St. Paul.
10. The Colosseum.
11. The nearby Roman Forum.
12. The Caracalla Baths with its spectacular Summer Opera season.
13. The Ancient Appian Way and its Catacombs.
These are but a few of the places which no-one must miss whilst visiting Rome. There are a hundred more churches, squares, museums, obelisks, fountains and parks worth visiting.
Travel to Rome and Attractions in Rome Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Travel to Santorini, Greece
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados