Cruises that start in Seattle or San Francisco typically visit Victoria on the way north to Alaska. Located on Vancouver Island, this lovely little city is the capital of British Columbia, and appropriately so, as it’s almost more British than Britain. Cruise ships dock at the Ogden Point cruise ship terminal on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, about a mile southwest of the Inner Harbour and the Downtown/Old Town area, where most attractions are located. Cruise lines generally offer a shuttle to the Inner Harbour.
Iconic sight The ivy-covered, grandly Edwardian Fairmont Empress Resort Hotel (www.fairmont.com/empress-victoria ) on Government Street is the place to go for British-style high tea. Many shore excursions include tea here; but if you plan to go on your own, call 2 weeks before your cruise for reservations, and be sure to follow the dress code: no sleeveless shirts, tank tops, short-shorts, or cutoffs.
TRAVEL TO VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA CRUISES Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide