Visit to Tennessee
LONG HUNTER STATE PARK
2,400 acres. Long Hunter is located along the shore of J. Percy Priest Lake, a large reservoir which is east of Nashville, in central Tennessee. There are bluffs and rock
Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Cherokee National Forest
outcrops along the reservoir, and a forest of hardwoods with cedar.
Activities: Hiking and backpacking are possible on about 10 miles of trails. Fishing is available at the reservoir as well as along 100-acre Couchville Lake.
Camping Regulations: Backpack camping is allowed in one area of the park, along the Volunteer Trail in the 1,000-acre Bakers Grove Primitive Use Area. A permit is required, and may be obtained from the visitor center.
For Further Information: Long Hunter State Park, 2910 Hobson Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076; (615)885-2422.
Visit to Tennessee Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives