GRAND THEATRE SHENZHEN
This is Shenzhen’s first and oldest theatre. Like all the other institutions in the Luohu-Futian border area the dazzling new Concert Hall in the Futian central district has supplemented it. But it retains a faithful following and there is plenty going on. And not just pop concerts either. Western opera has its home here.
The building is a flat glass box and the interior is more exciting than the exterior. It has also served more purposes than music and theatre. In the early days of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange it doubled as the home of the exchange.
Remember that there is a big appetite for culture in Shenzhen and make sure you book ahead. We didn’t the first time we went. Huh? Don Giovanni sold out? No way! But it was. Learn from our mistakes.
You can find programs in the Shenzhen Daily.
Address: Cnr Shennan Ave and Hongling Rd.
Buses: 29, 85, 103, 104, 113, 204, 214, 215 302 Shu Cheng bus stop Metro: Da Ju Yuan Exit B
YANTIAN SHENZHEN MAP Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide