288B Green St, Cambridge; (617) 547-9320
A few years back, jazz fans bemoaned the closing of Inman Square’s wonderfully divey 1369 Jazz Club. Now, the V.F.W. Hall in Central Square attempts to make up for the loss. The goals of the 1359 Jazz Club are twofold: To introduce new audiences to America’s classical music in a setting that is educational and entertaining, and to provide rehearsal and performance space for lesser-known musicians.
Access is the key (excuse the pun), and the best example of this is live music with no cover charge. To make it profitable for the musicians, though, listeners are requested to make a donation which goes directly to the band. The 1359 presents bands every Friday and Saturday night, along with a jam session on Wednesdays. All shows begin at 9 P.M.
1359 Jazz Club US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES