In this article, you’ll learn the best ways to experience the Amalfi Coast and how to find hotels in the area. You’ll also get tips on how to make your Amalfi journey a more enjoyable one, from where to go and what activities to do.
Map of Amalfi
If you’re planning a trip to Italy, consider stopping in the beautiful town of Amalfi. Located on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea, Amalfi is a perfect place to relax and explore its stunning coastline. Whether you’re looking to take a leisurely walk or explore some of the area’s top attractions, this guide will help make your journey a success.
In this blog post, we’ll outline the best places to stay in Amalfi as well as provide detailed directions on how to get there. We’ll also give you a map of Amalfi so you can see where everything is located. Finally, we’ll provide some tips for enjoying your time in this beautiful town.
Amalfi Travel Guide For Tourists – Map Of Amalfi, Italy Photo Gallery
Map of Amalfi
If you’re looking for a scenic getaway, consider a trip to Amalfi Coast, Italy. Located just off the coast of Naples, this region is well-known for its dramatic cliffs, beautiful beaches, and quaint fishing villages. Whether you’re planning a leisurely stroll along the shore or a more intensive exploration of the area’s charming towns and villages, here’s everything you need to know about exploring the Amalfi Coast.
The Amalfi Coast stretches for over 30 km along the Tyrrhenian Sea. The region is bounded by Salerno to the north-west, Naples to the south-west, Gaeta to the south-east and Ascoli Piceno to the east. The coastline is steep and rugged with cliffs up to 200 m high that drop straight into the sea. There are several lovely coves and bays located along the coast including Ravello, Positano and Amalfi itself.
The towns and villages on the Amalfi Coast are very picturesque and have a unique atmosphere. Most of them were built up during the medieval period when they served as major trading centres.
Transportation in Amalfi
The best way to get around in Amalfi is by foot or by bike. If you are coming from Rome, the easiest way to get to Amalfi is by bus. Buses leave from the central bus station in Rome daily at 6:00am, 10:00am, 2:00pm, and 6:00pm. The cost of a one-way ticket is €12.50. The buses take approximately four hours to arrive in Amalfi.
If you are coming from Naples, the easiest way to get to Amalfi is by train. Trains depart from Naples every hour and take approximately two and a half hours to arrive in Amalfi. The cost of a one-way ticket is €10.50.
There are also direct buses that leave from various points throughout Italy and travel directly to Amalfi without stopping in other cities along the way. These buses cost significantly more than the regular buses, but they are worth it if you want to avoid waiting in long lines at the bus stations in each city.
If you are arriving by plane, the best option is probably to take a taxi.
Where to Stay in Amalfi?
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Amalfi, you’ll want to consider renting an apartment or villa. There are many luxurious options available, but if you’re on a budget, there are also a few reasonable options that won’t break the bank.
Below is a list of some of the best places to stay in Amalfi:
1. Villa San Giorgio: This villa is perfect for travelers who want peace and quiet. It’s situated on a small hill overlooking the town of Amalfi, and has a private pool and garden.
2. Casa Angelica: This charming property is located in the heart of Amalfi, steps from the market square and just a few minutes’ walk from the town’s famous cliff-lined coastline. The house features four bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as a large outdoor terrace with views of the sea.
3. Villa La Rotonda: This villa is located on top of a hill overlooking Amalfi Town, within walking distance of all the sights and restaurants in town.
Restaurants, Bars, and Nightlife
From world-renowned luxury resorts to quaint, family-owned guesthouses, there is something for everyone in Amalfi. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a night out on the town, the following restaurants and bars will offer you some tasty and memorable experiences.
1. Ristorante La Favorita – This casual eatery is known for its fresh seafood dishes, including calamari and grilled fish.
2. Il Gambero – This rustic eatery specializes in regional Italian food, including antipasto plates and gnocchi made from fresh local ingredients.
3. Pizzeria da Lucia – Enjoy delicious pizza from this pizzeria’s wood-fired ovens at either indoor or outdoor seating locations.
4. Antica Trattoria da Michele – Sample traditional Amalfi dishes such as roast lamb and rice pudding at this charming trattoria.
5. Ristorante Amalfitano – The authentic Italian fare at this restaurant features hearty pasta dishes and delicious meat sauces.
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Corleto Perticara, Italy A Map of the Town
- Biyong, China A Map to the Unknown
- Arnold A Town with a Heart
- A Detailed Map of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- A Detailed Map of Montenegro