Whether you’re new to Anchorage or just visiting for a couple days or weeks, you need a travel guide that tells you what attractions are nearby and where to find the best restaurants. This Anchorage guide for tourists will help you navigate your way around the city with ease.
Map of Anchorage
Anchorage is a great place for tourists to explore, with plenty to see and do in the city and surrounding areas. This travel guide will help you plan your trip around Anchorage and the surrounding areas, with tips on attractions, sights, and where to stay.
The map below shows the main attractions in Anchorage, as well as some of the best places to stay. For more detailed information on each attraction, please see the individual sections below.
Anchorage Travel Guide For Tourists: A Map Of Anchorage, Alaska Photo Gallery
Things To Do
If you’re thinking about visiting Anchorage, Alaska, there are plenty of things to do in the city and surrounding area. Check out our infographic for a map of all the places tourists should explore when in town.
One of the most popular tourist attractions in Anchorage is the Dena’ina Heritage Center. This museum features exhibits on prehistoric Native Alaskan culture and natural history. The center also offers programs for school groups and visitors of all ages.
In addition to Dena’ina Heritage Center, there are plenty of other things to see and do in Anchorage. The city is home to a variety of museums, including the Anchorage Museum of History and Art, which has collections dating back to the 1800s. Other museums in Anchorage include the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and the Wilderness Heritage Museum. There are also a number of parks in the city, including Kenai Fjords National Park and Chugach National Forest. Finally, visitors can enjoy a day at the beach or ski slopes in nearby Fairbanks.
Anchorage offers plenty of options when it comes to dining out. Whether you’re in the mood for a casual meal at a local pub or a more upscale meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant, Anchorage has something for everyone. Here are five of our favorite restaurants in Anchorage:
1. The Sentinel Hotel’s Garden Room: This popular spot is perfect for romantic dinners or large groups. The Garden Room features beautiful views of the harbor and is known for its fresh seafood dishes.
2. Jitters Café: This local favorite is known for its creative breakfast and lunch menus as well as its large selection of coffee drinks. Jitters is perfect for people who want to stay on budget while still getting quality food.
3. The House of Pancakes: This family-owned diner is famous for its big servings of pancakes and waffles as well as its cheap prices. The House of Pancakes is perfect for people who want to enjoy a hearty breakfast without spending a lot of money.
4. Moose’s Tooth Pub & Grill: This popular pub features live music on weekends and is known for its delicious burgers and fries.
If you’re looking for souvenirs to take home from your visit to Anchorage, be sure to check out the many shops and businesses in the downtown district. You can find everything from Alaska Native artwork and jewelry to t-shirts and stuffed animals. And if you’re feeling especially creative, there are plenty of arts and crafts stores where you can get your hands on some fantastic pieces.
Of course, the best souvenirs are the ones you make yourself. If you’re itching to get outside and explore the city, there are plenty of hiking trails and parks just a short drive away. And if you’re looking for a little relaxation after all that exploring, Anchorage has plenty of luxury resorts and spas where you can take advantage of their famous therapeutic waters.
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Anchorage, Alaska, be sure to check out our hotel guide. We’ve got listings for some of the best places to stay in Anchorage, from budget motels and hostels to luxurious resorts.
We also have a map of downtown Anchorage, which is a great resource if you’re planning on exploring the city on your own. Here you’ll find all the main attractions within easy walking distance, as well as some great restaurants and bars.
Attractions and Tours
Anchorage is a great place to visit for tourists, especially if you love outdoor activities. The city has plenty of attractions and tours to enjoy, so be sure to check out the map below for all the details. Here are some of the top picks:
1. Explore Denali National Park and Preserve – This is one of the most popular destinations in Alaska for tourists, and there’s good reason. The park offers spectacular views of Mount Denali, as well as plenty of hiking trails and wildlife encounters. If you’re short on time, be sure to check out the visitor center’s exhibits, which provide an overview of the park’s history and ecology.
2. Take a scenic drive up the Kenai Peninsula – If you’re looking for a less strenuous activity than hiking or sightseeing, take a drive up the Kenai Peninsula. You’ll see rugged coastline and rolling hills covered in wildflowers in late spring and early summer. There are also plenty of places to stop for lunch or dinner along the way.
Places to Stay in Anchorage
Alaska Lodging Company offers a wide variety of Anchorage lodging options for tourists. Whether you’re looking for a budget motel or a five-star luxury hotel, ALCO has something to offer. Here are some of the best places to stay in Anchorage:
-The Pinnacle at Downtown Anchorage: This all-suite hotel is perfect for travelers who want to experience the city’s best features. It offers spacious accommodations, great service, and amazing views of downtown.
-The Hotel Captain Cook: This historic property is known for its charming decor and impeccable service. The rooms are comfortable and perfectly sized for guests.
-The Ramada Anchorage Downtown: Located in the heart of the city, this hotel is perfect for budget-minded travelers. It offers clean facilities, friendly staff, and great value for your money.
-The Fairmont Empress: One of the most luxurious hotels in Anchorage, this property offers stunning views of Alaska’s majestic mountains. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with all the amenities you could hope for.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Santa Fe: The City That Never Sleeps
- A Tourist’s Guide To Roswell: What To Do, Where To Stay And Where To Eat
- Sa Pobla – A Travel Guide For Every Destination
- Sa Coma Travel Guide for Tourist, Map of Sa Coma
- Guide To St. Lucia: Saint Lucian Travel Guide