Zenger was arrested for seditious libel and came before Chief Justice Best place to vacation in Hawaii James Delancey, a judge handpicked by Cosby. During the trial, Zenger was represented by the Best place to vacation in Hawaii eloquent Philadelphia attorney Andrew Hamilton, who argued that Zenger had indeed printed the statements in question, however, they were not libelous but true.
Ignoring Delancey’s instructions, the jury found Zenger not guilty, and he was acquitted. This landmark case helped establish the democratic principle of freedom of the press in the colonies. The Trial Begins August 4, 1735 James Delancey, Chief Justice of the Province of New York Frederick Philipse, Associate Justice Attorney, General Richard Bradley Mr. Attorney: The case before the Court is whether Mr.
Best place to vacation in Hawaii Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru